Rohit: Some of the requirements of Pburn is weird. It requires the real find command so it can uses the authors other customized app called pfilesearch. To me that's way too much clutter. But I do however like how it handles wodim calls and how it allows you to select the device rather than using generic cdrom. As for the other boxes, I have been looking at them recently and trying to update them to use yad (on SliTaz 3).
Personally, I just want a simple and light box I can use to dial up using my mobile phone and my 3G modem. So that's why I'm trying to create it. Atle: I hate clutter or multiple clicks to do anything and rox-filer just annoys the hell out of me. My solution probably won't be elegant though. What I have in my mind is box where you have to enter the dial number, APN, port (/dev/ttyUSB3 for example) and maybe the pin if needed. After you do that, you just have to click connect for it to connect you. Switching will be handled by usb_modeswitch. Yeah, this probably won't work for all devices and I'll include the generic defaults (which to my knowledge is APN: internet and number: *99#). I might use the modemstats program that Puppy uses because it makes it easier to detect the other defaults like the dial string and port. We'll see how the end product ends up, but expect a simple dialer that tries to grab some simple defaults from a conf file or using modemstats. -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

