Hi Tim!

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 10:46:34 +0200, Tim Niemeyer wrote:
> * Luca Capello <l...@pca.it> [08-04-09 10:18]:
>> The major problem is the kernel: since the GTA02 one does not boot, I
>> simply copied the FSO-MS5 one by hand.  I am against another kernel
>> package just for the GTA01, especially because my aim is having a single
>> kernel package for (similar) Samsung S3C-based devices:
> The next days i will try to near GTA01 config to GTA02 config. But
> some little differences are there like CONFIG_S3C_LOWLEVEL_UART_PORT=0
> btw =2, so there may be never the same kernel for gta01/02...

This was my fear, without having checked at the two configs.

> Please, let me know, if i can help you providing better GTA01 support!

The first help would be to spot any difference WRT the kernel configs.
And then track down which ones are the strictly required to boot.

NB, I wrote to *boot*, not to have a fully working kernel...

>> My plan is now to use as much as possible GTA01 as a real phone, in
>> order to spot problems.  This will mean that my GTA02 can be stressed a
>> bit more with tests, since I do not need always on and connected to GSM.
> It's a good plan, but the battery life would be a problem! :(

Well, my GTA01 battery was full this morning and now it is at 70%: the
phone was suspended most of the time, with at least one phone call of
around 5min and various wakeups not related to phone activity.

> May i ask, what do you use for telephony? The SHR Programs are not
> useabled without libetk...

Because the Debian FSO team tracks the FreeSmartphone.Org official
images and the default Debian installation contains Zhone, I use Zhone.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca