On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:46:34 +0200
Tim Niemeyer <tim.nieme...@mastersword.de> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> * Luca Capello <l...@pca.it> [08-04-09 10:18]:
> > I (finally) took the time to install Debian on my GTA01, thus adding the
> > support for it to the install.sh script:
> Ah cool, i installed Debian on my GTA01 long time ago! ;-)
Me too

... SNIP ...

> > My plan is now to use as much as possible GTA01 as a real phone, in
> > order to spot problems.  This will mean that my GTA02 can be stressed a
> > bit more with tests, since I do not need always on and connected to GSM.
> It's a good plan, but the battery life would be a problem! :(

How much better is the battery life of the GTA02?

I would like to know as I am considering buying a GTA02 as the GTA03
devel. has been halted.

I am getting roughly 8-10 hours of suspend on my GTA01, and power
on->off drains the battery in less than 2 days.
This is with a 2.6.24 kernel (mick...@shell) from Jul 29 2008 and no
firmware upgrades on the GSM modem.
Perhaps I should upgrade the kernel?

.