Hallo arne,

* arne anka <openm...@ginguppin.de> [09-04-09 14:38]:
>> Btw. What is using all that extra power on the GTA01?
>> I understand that the GSM can not be turned 100% off, but that should
>> only influence power off?
>
> the single most important change would be the newer kernel, i think.
> switching from .24 to .28 increased my standby time immensely.
> additionally, a more recent uboot might help, since it si involved in
> handling suspend/resume (not sure about Qi, though).
It's not only a newer Kernel, the drivers are different and so i don't know if a
newer kernel would bring any change!
There are more differences, one for example is, that the the ttyS0 ever drives
power into TX. On GTA02 we can disable this pin, but on GTA01 there maybe a
serial
console...

The hardware also differs, the GTA02 was optimized for power consumption, GTA01
not!

I think that there are some things we could do, but we could never get a good
power consumption as on GTA02!

Tim Niemeyer