* Michael Lauer <mic...@vanille-media.de> [16.11.2009 16:16]:
> Ok, thanks for your feedback, I guess it's settled then. I will do the
> changes at the end of this month.

> > > If I undrstand things correctly, mentioned "subsystems" are actually dbus
> > > services, and as such, could be started on demand bu dbus daemon itself.
> > >
> > > This may be not true for a subsystem that takes long to initialize, in
> > > which turn this subsystem should be started at system startup.
> >
> > This may work for services, which can be started on demand, e.g.
> > ogpsd, but some of them are supposed to run @ system startup, e.g. I
> > want my display auto-disabled without requesting the event handler via
> > DBus.
>
> Indeed, dbus system activation should work for almost all services but
> one or two. For those cases, you will need an init script or something
> similar.
>
> On a related note... my super-secret plan is to get rid of sysvinit and
> make a highly optimized init process that does just enough to get dbus
> and (optionally) X up. That may as well be incorporated into
> fso-monitord, we'll see...
>
> :M:

Huh. new feature for fso-monitord. i start merging dbus-hlid into master
but i have some conflits to solve. anyway..

splitting the config into subsystems is a godd idea, because you cannot
override other configs on an upgrade. maybe even split the subsystem
configs into per plugin configs, to get a higher granularity.

The second thing which might be useful is a writeable per user config I
already use in fsomusicd for playlists ans other stuff. fsoeventsd and
opimd might need this, too.

Frederik
--
IRC: playya @ Freenode, Gimpnet