Am Montag, den 16.11.2009, 21:09 +0300 schrieb Nikita V. Youshchenko:

> > On a related note... my super-secret plan is to get rid of sysvinit and
> > make a highly optimized init process that does just enough to get dbus
> > and (optionally) X up. That may as well be incorporated into
> > fso-monitord, we'll see...
>
> How that relates with (1) upstart, (2) whatever moblin uses for startup?

IIRC they're doing more or less the same. Upstart these days can
integrate with DBus, which is a good thing, and should probably be used
for all who view their device as a mini-linux-computer. For those who
just want a smart phone, I tend to believe that no init system is the
right init system.

Having a choice between those approaches is good, so I'd welcome seeing
upstart being a deployable option in OE. What's the state of support in
debian?

:M: