For me personally, instigation does not have anything to do with it. It doesnt change what happened, and it does not change the fact that he was in agreement to go outside of the marriage.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] Pick one (immorality glamorized)

Jackie answered me:

...we werent talking about anger we were talking about responsibility and if they slept together no matter how much jen tried to seduce him if he says yes he chose that and its his responsibility for his choice   shed be responsible for what she did but not for what he did
Okay, I agree that she is responsible for what she did (i.e., fornication) and he is responsible for what he did (i.e., adultery).  However, if she is the instigator of the affair (in this case, or in other cases of bad actions all the way up to and including murder), then I believe that she also bears responsibility for that action.  Do you simply disagree or is instigation outside the scope of the argument?

Best wishes,
Lowell