In a message dated 10/16/2003 11:24:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

But Jackie you have to have some sort of standard to go by.  I'm not advocating that it's ok for someone to drug a gal and rape her, you know I'm not.  But if there isn't some sort of standard then rape will never be prosecutable.  Either that or anyone can get prosecuted for a serious crime because he makes a girl mad.  That's why the recent law passed in one state that says a woman can withdraw consent even while the act is being committed and if he doesn't stop the thrust *immediately* he's raped her is such a dangerous law.

There has to be some sort of acknowledgement that the guy in question should at least have the right to expect a clear no.  In the case of drugging someone that's not consensual in any manner.  In this case both parties admit consent.  She even told the detective that he stopped when she made it clear.

i know what your saying.  my point was in response to your question what if theres not a clear no.  rape is a very traumatic ordeal and afterwards theres a degree of self blame and some victims think i wonder if i said it clearly enough.  the point is if your being raped your struggliong enough where you could be fighting em off and not even think to say no or maybe they didnt hear you but shouldnt they notice your fighting them?  im not saying its valid or not in this case but in alot of cases its very valid