Actually, this was posted on the original 2.4Ghz thread, its just that nobody responded to the post. I too would be interested in any feedback on that point. I have no personal knowledge about the topic.

Here is a link to the post:

http://www.mail-archive.com/soaring@airage.com/msg105745.html

And below is a cut and paste of the text of the post:

I printed out the following post by Mike Lachowski. It specifically refers
to JR 2.4Ghz systems. I can't remember where it was originally posted,
maybe on RCSE, maybe on RCgroups:
posted by Mike Lachowski:

"And on the 40 channel topic, the original DX-6 transmitted
continuously on  each of two channels in the band. The newer stuff only
transmits for very short periods of time. You can see it on a wireless LAN
sniffer if you know anyone who has one. So even if you have two pilots
using the same two frequencies, they will each only be using a small part
of the available bandwidth."

end quote

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>