While 2.4 GHz virtually eliminates interference issues, it should be noted that using this frequency in nations other than the U.S. may be increasingly problematic.

I understand Germany has just put out a notice that RC is not to use the 2.4 GHz band, stating it is a national security issue.

Belgium seems to have banned RC use of 2.4 GHz a couple years ago.

Additionally, I just read a notice that France has limited power output of 2.4 GHz systems to 10 MW, as opposed to the 100 MW standard elsewhere. (One of our South African correspondents has stated Horizon Hobbies put out a letter stating that Spektrum sets made for use in the US are illegal in South Africa and a number of European countries.)

Late last year, CIAM, the FAI body, was discussing upcoming legislation in Europe as it applied to 2.4 GHz RC. Seems the EU is getting a lot of pressure from WiMax operators to ban RC use of the frequencies.

We'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has accurate current information on this topic.

--
Bill & Bunny Kuhlman