This is likely to start an IT geeky discussion but its worth mentioning.

This brings up my very first concern on this band. My concern was that there
are literally hundreds of gain boosting products on the market for 2.4 Wimax
technology. Many of these devices such as home routers and small to large
business line of sigh WiMax shots get "amped" up by the IT department. I
know I found a 10X gain booster for my home system. Now considering that
most of these routers have their own range of channels and can switch
between dedicated channels to a mode that basically hops channels until
things hook up you can begin to see the challenge in this unregulated band
in areas of high population.

Luckily most of the units have a 150 foot range but with a major gain
booster that could go up to 1000 feet. I improved mine enough to setup a
WIDE area network between my house and my neighbors house about 900 feet
away.  I can get a small  boost using a 2.4 aircard in a laptop and a
pringles can....the technology is out there and the freq is unregulated.

 Consider the carnage potential at the next major event when some
Frankenstein WIMAX WIFI solution fires up... not currently a challenge with
multiple Chanel acquisition but without regulation how long will it be until
something is created that flies through the channels in order to create
better security for the ever increasing IT security threats? 900MhZ phones
had that in the 90's and Sanyo is touting DSS at 2.4 as well. Its slightly
different technology but my concern is that its simply not regulated. So
while I will still move to 2.4 next year I will be paying close attention to
this band.

Let the bashing begin...

 <http://ca.sanyo.com/en-CA/communications/cordless/special_features.cfm>