Hi Keith, Are you back east yet?  Everything you say is true but to
borrow a prase from the NRA, if you ban model planes, only the
terrorists will have r/c models.  One of the clubs I belong to  flies
on the grounds of the Air Force Communications facility (antenna farm
outside Washington, D.C.) that handles sensitive com.  We were locked
out after 9/11 – understandably - but the commander of Andrews AFB
came to the conclusion that it was better to have concerned people
(eyes and ears) around then not.  (Especially now when are forces
have been stretched so thin – Andrews AFB has replaced the Air Police
at the gates with civilian contract personnel).  Many of the club
members are military or ex-military and have security training.
Eliminating the terrorist threat is unrealistic (70 some arson
related fires in the D. C. area and the police have no clues).
Educated vigilant human observers are not unrealistic but a
necessity.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Keith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You guys just don't get it.  Since none of you seem to realize what
someone
> who has a mind to do can accomplish using an R/C model, and
especially an
> electric glider, I'll tell you.
>
> You can easily use an electric glider as an accurate targeting
> anti-personnel weapon, and it'd be very effective against a small
group of
> people (think of the president exiting his vehicle in the
motorcade,