>but the commander of Andrews AFB came to the conclusion that it was better
to have concerned people (eyes and ears) around then not.  (Especially now when
are forces have been stretched so thin Andrews AFB has replaced the Air
Police at the gates with civilian contract personnel).  Many of the club members
are military or ex-military and have security training.  Eliminating the
terrorist threat is unrealistic<

I used that same argument at Pease Tradeport but the FAA rep. didn't buy it
because "he flew models as a kid and knew how dangerous they were. Besides, the
radios would cause interference and the planes could carry cameras."

>If I were interested in taking someone out via RC, I'd use one  of the new
jets with a true turbine, and an onboard video camera setup. At 200+ mph, I
think it would be more effective.<

Aren't we forgetting someone still must have the skill to put such a model
together and actually pilot it?

>Not that I'd ever fly one I prefer aerobatics and soaring to turning big
loops and circles, which is just about ALL their owners do with them.<

Sounds suspiciously like the famous argument, to paraphrase;   When they came
after the power fliers I wasn't concerned because my sailplane were quit so I
said nothing. Then they came after the combat models but I fly slope so I
didn't protest. But when they banned all flying models it was too late because
there was no one left to help me.

Dennis in NH