I remember mine since I just started a few years ago. An EPP Highlander as often recommended on this list. It is 39 ounces with standard radio gear in it, and by golly it thermals quite nicely. I used it to finish all my LSF I tasks.

Now that I am onto my LSF II tasks I have graduated to a 3M Marauder. I must agree with those that say "bigger flies better" cause I sure love it!

Simon Van Leeuwen wrote:
How many can remember their very first R/C sailplane? Mine was one of the first Oly 650's. Wish I still had it for posterity, but elected to fly another aircraft while a newbie flew my Oly, bad idea...