OK, what got me hooked was a Graupner Cirrus when I lived in the Dayton Ohio (mid 70's) area and belonged to the W.O.R.K.S. club (strictly power). One other guy (forgot the name know but he drove a comptition Vette) and I went to the West Carrolton High School and used his high start to launch. After about five launches and coming down to land the plane just circled for ten laps at 20 feet without loosing altitude and I without knowledge hooked my first thermal and rode it out for what seemed like an hour (probably five minutes). That was it for me, but it took awhile to commit.

Really never got serious until I came to Michigan and started flying sailplanes with the Paragon in '84. Met a bunch of people that flew sailplanes rather than power and that was it for greasy kids stuff.

So, first plane was the Cirrus and the favorite is the Paragon. Remember, "Paragon's Forever".

Jack Iafret "Keeper of the Nostalgia Rules"