> While we're at it, there is no RJ-45.  It's RJ48.  RJ45 is 8 pin, 2
> conductor.  What everyone calls RJ45 should have been a variant of
> RJ48.

I thought what's usually called RJ45 isn't RJ-anything because the RJ
stuff is for particular ways of putting POTS pairs on those connectors,
and thus if you're not doing POTS over the lines it's not RJxx.  (Well,
it might be fair to speak of RJ45 - or RJ48 - _connectors_, as in, the
connectors appropriate for RJwhatever, ut then put them to another use,
much as one could speak of a DB25 as being an RS232 connector even if
one then uses it for a parallel port or something.)

Is my impression of RJ wrong?

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               [EMAIL PROTECTED]