On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 11:28:27PM +0200, Iustin Pop wrote:

> Given that just the Atom processor on the Supermicro has a TDP of 20W, I
> doubt that the whole system is not significantly more. Otherwise, why
> would they ship with a *200W* PSU?

That's the same processor that was in the proposed Net6801-70 (Atom
C2758) Note well that the Net6801-70 is listed as system power between
9W Idle and 31W active: http://beta.soekris.net/net6801.html. I'm not
sure that TDP is a good indicator of the power that the CPU uses.

In my case I took the precaution of running my SuperMicro box on a
Watt Meter for a couple of weeks. It averaged 25W. The processor TDP
is 13W and the power supply is a 200W unit. My box has 4GB of RAM and
2.5" form factor 64GB SSD. My Soekris Net6501-50 with the same hard
drive averages 18W on the same watt meter.

I suspect the 200W on the power supply is the maximum it can supply
and that it's the smallest power supply that SuperMicro has.

--
Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]