On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 08:45:47PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Presumably you are using a 110V input?  (and I wonder if a Kill-A-Watt?)
>
> I have a net5501 (with 40G PATA spinning disk) that I run on 12V, from
> several AGM batteries and a float supply.  I find that it draws 0.5A at
> 12-13V, which is about 6W.  However, if I fed it 6V instead, it would
> draw the same 0.5A and be about 3W.
>
> I know the net6501 runs on 12V (or really enough about 5V to make the
> regulator work) as well, and that's attractive.  Are there options for
> the supermicro, or anything else, for 12V, other than a regular
> inverter?

I'm on 110AC and yes the meter is a Kill-a-watt.

The SuperMicro machine would certainly not work on 12V.

I not saying that the SuperMicro machine can replace the Soekris in
every use case. For my usage though, and that of anyone who's gonna
plug it into the wall for power, I'm saying it's not a bad deal.

--
Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]