i2phd wrote:

Alberto and all.
Please trust what I said in my original post. I am not a HW designer, I 
am an email-systems architect, and I do know what I say. In my spare 
time I do play with electronics, though!

Those viruses/virii were sent through the Yahoo servers using a 
forged/fake sender (the French address @wanadoo.fr) from an Indian IP.

Each of our provider and/or personal protections might have prevented 
those messages to get into our mailboxes, so not everyone was concerned. 
I should have mentioned it.

The Virus was called "MyWife" or with some other antivirus vendor naming 
system.

> So, please, Jean Pierre Mallet F5MI, can you say a final word about
> this issue? Did you really send a few messages without text and with
> just images? If not, then somebody grabbed your Yahoo password and
> sent them masquerading as if he were you. In this case, please change
> your password, otherwise I will be forced to remove your membership.

Nobody stole J.P.'s password. I could send a message pretending to be 
anyone in the world without knowing any password, and that's called 
"address forging". Please do not remove him from this list.

Have a nice virus-free day,
Paolo Cravero IK1ZYW


 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to