Sounds like a good idea. There are a few things I would like to add:

I'd prefer one common class/module for file IO and all the necessary
conversions like millimeters <--> inches, focal length <--> horizontal view
angle, picture ratio <--> film aperture, etc. so each application module
can derive from this and stay as lightweight as possible.

Another module could handle the dialogs but if they're optional, it's
easier to integrate the importer/exporter into a scripted pipeline or
toolbars. Plugins could just use the correct application module but be
separate files again so people don't have to use them.

Also, to make it not just another almost-useful tool, don't forget less
common properties like optical center shift etc. required by stereo setups,
for example. As you already wrote in SPEC.txt, all expected units have to
be defined.

Michael

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Sandy Sutherland <sandy.mailli...@gmail.com