I also use GoZ a lot, the only bug that happens for me is that if you send
from Softimage to Zbrush, make an UV check before start sculpting.
Sometimes they got screwed.  So export an OBJ and import in Zbrush do your
sculpt and sendback to SI.  Make sure your UV's are consistent and flip the
U before exporting from Zbrush or your map is going to come up flipped.
upside down.

Regularly I don't subd the mesh in Zbrush more than 4 subd.   As you need
to subd your mesh also inside SI the same amount to properly displace the
geo when rendering.  If you find that you need more subd in your sculpt.  I
willo go back, subd the mesh to get more polys and send it back to Zbrush,
so you can go as high as 8 subd from the original mesh, that is a lot.

As far as I remember you can use a 32bit depth image to plug that into the
scalar change range node.  But this depth in the bitmap has nothing to do
with the linear workflow, as the linear workflow is related to gamma
correct display and rendering, and this maps are to drive values of units
to displace the geometry inwards and outwards and to be interpretated by
the render engine

Here is video that will help to understand the displacement in SI and MR.

https://vimeo.com/29898426

.