"As customers, we decide. Don't be afraid."

Can I ask what you mean with that?
As a character TD and developer in the film industry what do you suggest I
"decide" to subvert the current situation? You recommend I internally
advise my employer they immediately switch to one of the other four DCC
apps out there with complete lack of character/animation tools that has
seen any trench time?

There's nothing to be afraid or not afraid of, there are market forces and
the need to produce contents which require apps such as Soft and Maya to be
used. Some people have an alternative, some don't.