Hi Maurice,

I certainly understand that things change fast. Of course, and I respect
that.

However, the fast that there were no plans to invest more in Softimage at
that time leads naturally to the question of why were your customers not
told about this
to give them time to make software decisions? It seems this 2 year period
we are now in is meant to be the answer to that, but having another year
and a half on top
of the 2 years (without the public announcement of EOL) we have now would,
I am guessing, have made it a lot easier for some of your customers.

You no doubt know how long it takes to learn these applications. Entire
facilities (and maybe more scary, small shops and freelancers) have their
entire business
hinging on these tools. Seems to me that many, many mistakes were made over
the past few years, and not telling Glassworks a few days in advance was
just one example
of the mistakes that seem to have been made.

--

Perry Harovas
Animation and Visual Effects

http://www.TheAfterImage.com <http://www.theafterimage.com/>