On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Nicolas Esposito <3dv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe I didn't explained myself clearly.
>
> I'm not talking about before or after the acquisition, I'm talking about the
> features that Softimage have since XSI 7 almost, which later improve with
> the addition of Facerobot.
>
> The question is again why AD decided to push more towards Maya Lite, which
> do not have all those features that Softimage have already tailored for game
> development.
>
> I'm assuming that in the future (?) maybe those features will be implemented
> into Maya, but right now I see 3DS more towards game development ( seeing
> the wide range of plugins made by game developers ) rather then Maya itself.
> Maya its early to judge, but still I see this "unveil" of Maya Lite very
> very strange

In my opinion,  there isn't much tailored for games in XSI, especially
Face Robot where the game export was just something added to try to
later justify the product for games.  Face Robot was never thought for
real time, it was designed for high quality deform for film.    The
lipsync was added in version 2011. Is anyone using that real time bone
rig in an actual game?

FYI: Maya LT shipped with DirectX 11, ShaderFX, Turtle for texture
baking, the softimage polygon reduction tool, HumanIK, great FBX
support, etc. So that's more than that list, minus gator.    And Maya
works on the Mac, which is important for all the mobile developers.