I don't think icons are bad, not being able to put more than 3 or 4
characters in the button is the problem.

And about repeat. I must add that Softimage has a "g" repeat button
(unassigned in the default SI keyboard layout I think) and the middle click
one as two different tools. Personally I use both all the time in SI.

Martin