As I said, mine is my personal take on it.
For you it might be an option to keep investing time and efforts in a
software for which new seats can't be bought any longer, for me it's not an
option.

Out of respect for those working around me, and for the people I have to
provide for, it's important to me that what I have can keep generating
income for me.

Being a Softimage Rockstar, given my preferred field and role of
employment, has absolutely zero value.

If you provide content to other parties and you can work with whatever
tools, great for you. I provide expertise, services, development, and a
number of other things, all of which rely heavily on my efforts being
marketable in relation to the platforms I use, or can develop with and for.
Softimage has left the map last month for those that have necessities and
methods of operation similar to mine, and no amount of sentimentalism or
bloody minded stubbornness will change that.

We all have different priorities, I don't pretend I can understand yours,
and even less have any interest in dictating them, but please don't assume
my statement is uninformed or defeatist.