the full sanostol answer in case i misundersood something

to solve the mismatch in the results, add a degree to radians vop in You
network in front of all trigonometric functions, like sin and cos, they
expect all values in radians. in hscript degrees are ok

for the parameter stuff, I'm not sure what You are trying to achive. It
looks like You are writing data to geometry in the first set data , and
then read it out later. I'm not sure why You want this, but that does not
work that way in houdini,You can not work import data in the same vex tree
that is set here. that must happen in a previous vopsop