What about the blendshapes?

On 6/13/2014 9:21 AM, Mario Reitbauer wrote:
For transfering those weights you can use abweightlifter.

Make a copy of your skinned objects and combine them and sew the border edges and freeze that object.
Skin this new object to all joints (face and body).

Use the new object as destination in abweightlifter and the head only as source and copy weights. Do the same for the body and the acording body joints.

more steps needed then in softimage but at least it works this way.
You can still keep your seperated objects and paint on them. every time you need a weightupdate you can just copy the weights again.

    Use edit smooth skin - copy skin weights. Its better if you make a
    selection of the verts that you want to copy over as selection
    sets. Not ideal, but it works. (This is scriptable)

    On 13 Jun 2014 05:11, "Nicolas Esposito" <3dv...@gmail.com