Yeah these general responses of 'just use numpy' aren't really in the
vacinity of providing me any path forward.

I know what numpy is but this suggestion somewhat implies that I should
write my own GATOR tool, which I have no interest or time to do.

I wish simply doing an:
import numpy

would be a catch all solution. Somehow I'm not convinced...

Thanks anyway.