Animators themselves are probably the ones crippling the rigging paradigm,
not the other way around ;) That's half the reason.
The other half is that 90% of TDs out there who would struggle to find
their arse with both hands tied behind their back and an anatomical atlas
open on the Gluteus Maximus page taped to their face.

Maya, in small part, is responsible for having formed that generation of
hacks with MEL and a number of other factors, but all in all I strongly
believe the people are to blame for the state of things, not the software
houses.

There is no user base more resistant to change in the whole industry that
I've ever seen than the coupling of animators and "riggers" who think
scripting a blend is the height of technical achievement.

Here's my controversial statement for the month, just in time for the end
of it ;)

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 8:44 PM, Jordi Bares Dominguez <jordiba...@gmail.com