I have asked that question of si-community a few times. How with all of the
advances in the last 10 years we are still stuck with the same method, with a
bit more polish and a few more tools.

________________________________
From: Jordi Bares Dominguez [jordiba...@gmail.com]
Sent: 27 February 2015 12:11 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: akeytsu animation software demo

Rigging should not exist in a perfect world, how is hat for a controversial
statement?

;)

jb

On 26 Feb 2015, at 23:28, Raffaele Fragapane
<raffsxsil...@googlemail.com<mailto:raffsxsil...@googlemail.com>> wrote:

Animators themselves are probably the ones crippling the rigging paradigm, not
the other way around ;) That's half the reason.
The other half is that 90% of TDs out there who would struggle to find their
arse with both hands tied behind their back and an anatomical atlas open on the
Gluteus Maximus page taped to their face.

Maya, in small part, is responsible for having formed that generation of hacks
with MEL and a number of other factors, but all in all I strongly believe the
people are to blame for the state of things, not the software houses.

There is no user base more resistant to change in the whole industry that I've
ever seen than the coupling of animators and "riggers" who think scripting a
blend is the height of technical achievement.

Here's my controversial statement for the month, just in time for the end of it
;)

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 8:44 PM, Jordi Bares Dominguez