(see addendums in bold)

On 03/10/15 13:32, Jason S wrote:
On 03/10/15 12:15, Christopher Crouzet wrote:
This is a core concept when you have to deal with such graphs—it is so essential that the `Merge` node is probably one of the most used nodes in Houdini.
I can understand why, whether for optimization, [or] manageability purposes.
Groups in Houdini share roughly the same purpose than clusters from Softimage.
They are a core concept in Houdini as every node understand them. What you can do with clusters, you can do with groups, and much more out of the box.
I can imagine, as core [or as basic of a concept] as in Soft I would assume. [or so it would seem]

And thanks for the, I think important clarification.