Gerbrand Nel schreef op 17-3-2015 om 11:11:
I'm not getting anything out of posting this, except knowing I might save the life of a fellow artist.

So I spent the last year learning Maya, and got to a point where I can compete against people straight out of collage. This got me a bit down, as I'm one of the more experienced softimage artists here in South Africa.

Not wanting to sound cynical here, as this is a serious question, but does the setback after years of expertise in Softimage to a more beginner level in other software get even more profound when dealing with Houdini? Learning Houdini seems, especially from a Softimage POV, way more palatable, but mastering it would seem to be a different story altogether.

Greetz
Leendert

--

Leendert A. Hartog AKA Hirazi Blue
Administrator NOT the owner of si-community.com