I think Houdini is the next logical step for most Si users, going back to
Maya just made me go numb and lethargic for the entirety of the last
project i worked on. But i did have a chance to do a couple of days work in
Houdini and i have to say, until they get the viewport working perfectly
its going to have to wait it out a bit. Things were disappearing left and
right, wire-frame shading appearing randomly on objects, flickering,
glitching. It was chaos.  I did get the scene passed on to me. So it could
have been the guy that created the scene, but when i approached him on the
topic he just told me to  ignore it....

I dont know if Houdini has fixed this in 14, they claim the view port is
much better, but i still haven't seen it in action so im a bit ignorant on
that.