Does this help?
https://youtu.be/Z8zVjLoHWjk?list=PLP5KnnScX57byOldVy9rQlBRARrX6gy4b

On 2015-11-04 09:34, Byron Nash wrote:
I'm trying to get some objects zero-ed out in Maya but keep running into what I assume is a paradigm difference between how Maya and Soft handle center points and transforms. In Soft, I can move the center/pivot and it will change the transform values. So, I can reset the center to be in the middle of the geometry and then zero the position to get the object to snap back to the world center or parent center. In Maya, moving the pivot does not seem to change the transform of the object when you move the pivot. So I can't then zero the values and get the objects to return to zero. Sometimes, the object and it's center are clearly NOT at zero but that's what the values say. There are some Local Space/World space values in the attribute editor, but I can't figure out how to get things reset properly.

Any help from a Softimage perspective is appreciated.