> On 18 Apr 2016, at 21:47, Graham Bell <bell...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To be fair here, considering what system Maya had, it’s certainly a big
> improvement.

Is it? mmmm…. not that sure…  lots of activity, not much movement forward.

>  Historically, AD have a track record of implementing a new feature/toolset,
> and then building it up in subsequent versions. So is it finished, probably
> not by a long chalk, but at least it’s a start. I guess we’ll see though.

I disagree, AD has had a good track record of bringing some very good ideas on
their first implementation and then abandoning them and let them rot. Which is
surely the reason such a missed opportunity is so regrettable.

> It would be nice to have literally taken the system from Soft, but as always
> I don’t think it’s that’s simple.  Soft and Maya work in different ways, and
> Soft benefited greatly from the amount of work that Halfdan did to that
> system. (I think recall Luc-Eric even saying how many lines of code it was.)

I am sure the technical challenges on both approaches are pretty similar.

> Even in this state, I’d still take the new Maya system over what I have to
> use in Max, and that’s saying something. L

I won’t touch either with a barge pole.

my 2 cents.
jb