On 21 April 2016 at 05:26, Matt Lind <speye...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> So what happened to cause the numbers to drop significantly in 2008?
> Hmmm....let me think...Oh, that's right, XSI v6.0 was released on the last
> day in 2006 (call it 2007) - the biggest lemon and disaster in XSI's
> history.  Granted, cause of the problem was a screw-up at Avid HQ
> erroneously divulging a release when one wasn't planned forcing the team to
> put humpty dumpty together again in an insanely short time, but the damage
> was done.

I cannot recall if XSI 6.5 was a lemon or fixed a lot of 6.0 trouble,
but it what it also did was raised the price of XSI by 1000$ for most people.

Also, starting in 2008 was the downfall of xsibase, which was beginning
to be blocked by google and web browser due to frequent malware infection.

I think xsibase's job count didn't represent japan or larger studios
(about 70% of softimage
seats), so I indeed wouldn't use it to extrapolate things.

Foundation was first released in 2004 and peaked around 5.11 and could cause
a SMB bump around 2006/2007