I am very curious on how people feel about houdini’s character animation tools.
 I am reluctant to move on from Softimage until there is something out there
that is at least close to being on par with it.  Specifically the Shape
Manager, non-destructive weights, and the animation mixer really help me get
the job done, and when it comes to the negative things I hear about Maya it has
kept me from making the leap in that direction even though I theoretically own
2 copies,  I really am hoping that Houdini is close because I really only want
to make a change once.
thanks