I (alongside Tim Crowson from this list) have been a long term beta tester
for Modo, so I'll shoot from the hip here. I think Tim shares many of my
own thoughts and impressions and I'm sure he'll pipe in if there's any
aspects he disagrees with.

First the good part, Modo remains as it's ever been the best direct
modelling package on earth! A mighty claim but I think it's well deserved.
Only recently the team at ILM used Modo for all of their kit-bashing on
Star Wars 'Rogue One'. And to build on it's strengths as a direct modeller,
Foundry moved to an incremental development strategy for the 10 series and
Modo has now managed to remedy that equally deserved reputation of being
the most unstable DCC money can buy. They're looking to carry on with this
incremental development approach going forward to help ensure big new
features aren't partnered with a stability nosedive.

Now comes the downside, once you go past Modo's core strengths as an asset
creation tool due to it's great modelling texturing and rendering workflows
(once you submit to the shader tree approach!), it barely scratches the
surface of what's required for a pipeline animation toolset. Now that
stability has been fixed, animation and solid pipeline credentials are the
next target. There's so much to be remedied here it's going to be a number
of years before it's even ready for consideration.

If you can afford the luxury of using Modo strictly for its asset creation
strengths, it's a great weapon to have in your armoury. If you're looking
for an XSI replacement, come back in three years.