So, even though this passed in terms of votes, I don't have a real strong sense that we are "there" yet.

I especially feel queasy about the multicore stuff and worry about putting that into stone, so to speak. I guess I don't get why a single core is not just multicore w/ one core. For back compatibility, if multicore.xml is not there, then we know to use a default one. We also have a single CoreDescriptor to handle the single case, but the CoreDescriptor constructor takes in a Multicore, so we abuse that and pass in null. I'm not sure why a CoreDescriptor needs to have a ref. to the Multicore to begin with. It doesn't seem to be used internally.

So, as much as I would like to have a release, I don't think we should.