Hi,

I have a Solr cluster which hosts around 200 GB of index on each node and
are 6 nodes. Solr version is 5.2.1.
When a huge query is fired, it times out *(The request took too long to
iterate over terms.)*, which I can see in the log but at same time the one
of the Solr node goes down and the logs on the Solr nodes starts showing

*following exception.org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: no servers
hosting shard.*
For sometime the shards are not responsive and other queries are not
searched till the node(s) are back again. This is fine but what could be
the possible cause of solr node going down.
The other exception after the solr node goes down is leader election
related which is not a concern as there is no replica of the nodes.

Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks,
Modassar