Shawn! The container I am using is jetty only and the JVM setting I am
using is the default one which comes with Solr startup scripts. Yes I have
changed the JVM memory setting as mentioned.
Kindly help me understand, even if there is a a GC pause why the solr node
will go down. At least for other queries is should not throw exception of
*org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: no servers hosting shard.*
Why the node will throw above exception even a huge query is time out or
may have taken lot of resources. Kindly help me understand in what
conditions such exception can arise as I am not fully aware of it.

Daniel! The error logs do not say if it was JVM crash or just solr. But by
the exception I understand that it might have gone to a state from where it
recovered after sometime. I did not restart the Solr.