On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 02:35:18 -0700 (PDT)
con <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What you meant is correct only. Please excuse for that I am new to solr. :-(

hi Con,
nothing to be excused for..but you may want to read the wiki , as it provides
quite a lot of information that should answer your questions. DIH is great, but
I wouldn't go near it until you understand how to create your own schema.xml
and solrconfig.xml .

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FrontPage is the wiki

( everyone else ... is there a guide on getting started on SOLR ? step by step,
taking the example and changing it for your own use?  )

> I want to index all the query results. (I think this will be done by the
> data-config.xml)

hmm...terminology :-)
you index documents (similar to records in a database).

when you send a query to Solr, you will get results if your query

> Now while accessing this indexed data, i need this filtering. ie. Either
> user or manager.
> I tried your suggestion:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=user:bob&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on&wt=json

the url LOOKS ok. do you have any document in your index with field user
containing 'bob; ?

try this to get all results ( xml format, first 3 results only...

http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=*:*&rows=3

then, find a field with a value , then search for that value and see if you get
that document back - it should work...(with lots of caveats, yes)..

If you send us the result we can help u understand better why it isn't
working as you intend..
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win." Mahatma Gandhi.

Warned.