And finally its almost fine.. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:
Thanks Burnell.

My tables are in Oracle DB.
So based on your suggestions the changes made are:
1) In the data-config.xml,
    <entity name="user" transformer="TemplateTransformer"  query="select *
from USER">
        <field column="rowtype" template="user" />
    </entity>
   <entity name="manager" transformer="TemplateTransformer"  query="select *
from MANAGER">
        <field column="rowtype" template="user" />
    </entity>

2) In schema.xml
    <field name="rowtype" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" />

And when I call http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=(bob AND
rowtype:user)&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on
only the user entity's values are returned and if I use manager, only the
manager's values will be returned...
It almost solved my issues.(95%).

But I am struck at one point.
In the data-config.xml I have an entry like,

    <entity name="both" transformer="TemplateTransformer"  query="select *
from USER , MANAGER where USER.userID = MANAGER.userID ">
        <field column="rowtype" template="both" />
    </entity>
when i try to search like, http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=(150 AND
rowtype:both)&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on
will return zero responces.
At the same time if I run
http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=150&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on
It will get values from both USER and MANAGER satisfying the condition.
Is there any difference in applying transformer in such type of queries.

Once again,
Thanks a lot:handshake:

Expecting reply
con

Neville Burnell wrote:

> BTW, You will also need to configure your schema.xml to index [and store?]
> the rowtype attribute:
>
>    <field name="rowtype" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
> required="true" />
>
> Or alternatively change rowtype to be say rowtype_s to take advantage of
> Solr's dynamic field definitions.

:drunk::drunk::jumping::jumping: