Hi Con,

what RDBMS are you using?

This looks like a SQL syntax problem, perhaps the 'literal as column' is not
right for your setup [while it works for my MS SQL Server].

An alternative to supplying the "rowtype" attribute as a literal in the SQL
clause is to use a Solr DIH Template Transformer
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#transformer

This should allow you to keep the working SQL. For example

<entity name="user" transformer="TemplateTransformer" query="select * from
USER">
        <field column="rowtype" template="user" />
</entity>