Hi,

We're currently evaluating Solr as a Sphinx replacement. The

>> development is almost done, and it seems to be working fine
>>
> why you want to replace sphinx with solr?

(is it ontopic here?)

Solr+Lucene has far more features, and seems to be more extendable as well.

- we had problems about speed related to faceting (while I know it can be
implemented), Solr's faceting looks promising
- we had to do some workaround to implement some other features on the
site, the Solr version of these are simpler
- and we miss a good solution for scalability and availability like Solr
Cloud.

Anyway, Sphinx works really well, but Solr seems to be better for us.

Bye,
  Andras