I do not share this reasoning at all.
Of course a new UI would need to be developed, solr/itas is just an example.
But that precisely is the interest of solr/itas, a view system that is easy to
tune.

I do not feel, at all, that it means that it is not production ready.
There are a zillion ways to kill someone's server, some of them you sketched,
which normal developers just have to accept as dangers. I barely see a
difference between a solr/itas abuse such as see all params or a zillion
requests or crawl.

I also do not think that this answers the question of production readiness.
I would more understand this question about the performance and potential leaks.

paul