Great feedback, thanks.  So the multi-core structure I have then is a
single Solr server set up, essentially hosted by one domain owner (but to
be used by both).  My question is how does that Solr server connect to the
2 Web applications to create the 1 master index (to be used when searching
on either Web app)?  It feels like I just reference the Solr server from
within the Web app search templates (e.g. PHP files).  That is logical in
terms of pulling the data into the Web apps, but it's still not clear to me
how the data from those 2 Web apps actually gets into the Solr server if
Solr server doesn't live on the same server as the Web app(s).  Any
thoughts?

--
*Rob Veliz*, Founder | *Mavenbridge* | rob...@mavenbridge.com | M: +1 (206)
909 - 3490