I have two sources/servers--one of them is Magento. Since Magento has a more or
less out of the box integration with Solr, my thought was to run Solr server
from the Magento instance and then use DIH to get/merge content from the other
source/server. Seem feasible/appropriate?  I spec'd it out and it seems to make
sense...

> On Nov 11, 2013, at 11:25 PM, Liu Bo <diabl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> like Erick said, merge data from different datasource could be very
> difficult, SolrJ is much easier to use but may need another application to
> do handle index process if you don't want to extends solr much.
>
> I eventually end up with a customized request handler which use SolrWriter
> from DIH package to index data,
>
> So that I can fully control the index process, quite like SolrJ, you can
> write code to convert your data into SolrInputDocument, and then post them
> to SolrWriter, SolrWriter will handles the rest stuff.
>

>> On 8 November 2013 21:46, Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yep, you can define multiple data sources for use with DIH.
>>
>> Combining data from those multiple sources into a single
>> index can be a bit tricky with DIH, personally I tend to prefer
>> SolrJ, but that's mostly personal preference, especially if
>> I want to get some parallelism going on.
>>
>> But whatever works
>>
>> Erick
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 11:17 PM, manju16832003 <manju16832...@gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Eric,
>>> Just a question :-), wouldn't it be easy to use DIH to pull data from
>>> multiple data sources.
>>>
>>> I do use DIH to do that comfortably. I have three data sources
>>> - MySQL
>>> - URLDataSource that returns XML from an .NET application
>>> - URLDataSource that connects to an API and return XML
>>>
>>> Here is part of data-config data source settings
>>> <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource" name="solr"
>>> driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
>>> url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/employeeDB" batchSize="-1" user="root"