Hi Theo,

My "site_perl" path doesn't include the Perl version for "historical"
reasons. SA and Razor2 are indeed in the same area: Razor2 and Mail are
both in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl. I installaed both manually,
rather than via CPAN (which keeps trying to upgrade my version of Perl
while people are using it). I am now using SA 2.50 (Razor2 2.14). I am
starting spamd with -H pointing to a directory that it will have full
rights in. I'm running spamd as our MTA user (exim) - either using
"spamd -u exim..." (which fails with the error mentioned) or "su exim -c
'spamd...'" (which works).

Running the whole thing via "perl -d" it looks like the error actually
gets generated when "compile_now" is called (spamd line 200), and what
I'm getting now is:

razor2 check skipped:  No such file or directory Can't locate object
method "new" via package "Razor2::Client::Agent" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 374.

I can't see what changes between the two ways of running SA. Razor
itself seems to work properly however I invoke it. It's not a problem
for me, but if anything occurs, I'd be interested to know.